NYC LIFE: FIRST VEGAN RESTURANT EXPERIANCE

Friday 20 May 2011

Yesterday, I met up with my lovely amazing friend Ba'Ra we spent a couple of hours wondering round Canal Street (counterfeit central). I purchased a bright yellow bag and some chunky thick wooden colourful bangles (I'll upload a photo later). This season I'm overdosing on colourful clothes and accessories, my friends motto 'Rainbow yourself happy' is on constant replay in my head - alongside all the other strange voices lol. Anyway, after all this walking bellies started rumbling and hunger set in. Ba'Ra being a vegan, and me being a pescatarian meant that walking into McDonalds and grabbing a big mac was a big hell no.

Ba'Ra recommended a Vegan spot called Wild Ginger. When he first explained that it was Vegan Chinese restaurant, I was like 'Huh, you gotta be kidding me'. I mean, what vegan chinese food is there, noodles and broccolli??. I decided to give it a try, 'what don't kill me can only make me stronger' and all of that. So we arrived.

 
I didn't have a clue what anything was on the menu, but Ba'Ra gave me a full breakdown. In the end I ordered 'General Tsao's Soy Protein'. The food arrived.

The yummy food

Are you thinking what I was thinking?? It looks like chicken!! Let me start by saying the food was DELICIOUS. It looked and tasted JUST like chicken. My brain couldn't actually process the fact it wasn't chicken. Ba'Ra explained to me over 10 times that is was actually soy protein made to taste like chicken. The imitation was so on point it was unbelievable.

Ba'RA and the soy protein (chicken)
Me and the empty plate
After this little experience, I am actually contemplating becoming a vegan. It opened me up to a whole new whole of tasty vegan food that I never even knew existed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

u become a vegan.....did'nt u live in nandos once!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

aw I want some. It looks delicious. Daniella

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nice! If you would like any advice on Vegan foods and eating, And what is good and what isn't etc.. I can give you a bit of universal Info. Not every food in a Healthfood store is healthy, And not every dish in a Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant is healthy.

Isaiah ❤

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

...it looks real nice & appertising! and i'm sure you don't have to be a vegan to enjoy the food. xxxfrom the house of SevenHeavenBrum'i'gonUK (mo, qb & princess tendy)

Selina Loves Love said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahdmzn [url=http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com][b]birkin handbags[/b][/url] replica hermes handbag http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com Jlnobf Omnkgi hermes outlet

Post a Comment

A BIG thank YOU for leaving a comment, your views are valued.

I try best to respond to every comment that contains a question. Negative comments will be deleted, so spread love not hate.

- Selina ❤